Barbeque and steaks are one of the most common activities during summer. I mean who doesn’t love laughing and gossiping with friends over a steak simmering on the grill. It’s especially a joyous occasion for people who love the outdoors. But every barbeque session usually ends up with multiple unclean kitchen utensils.
What if I told you there is an easier way to do this? With just a simple recipe, you can learn how to cook steak in the oven with foil! Yes, I kid you not, you can cook the juiciest steaks from the comfort of your kitchen. You won’t even have many dirty dishes to deal with. Why wait when you can learn right here right now?
Benefits of Cooking a Steak with Foil
Cooking steak by wrapping it in foil is one of the most efficient ways of doing it. We all know how time-consuming it can be to cook a perfect steak. It usually requires plenty of tools and utensils, but that’s not even the worst part. The biggest hassle comes after we are done cooking.
I usually end up spending hours cleaning up afterward. That’s where foil comes in handy the most. It reduces the maintenance time to a minimum and barely requires any tools for the recipe. This way, you can also cook your potatoes and vegetables alongside the steak, which saves a lot of time in the long run.
Steaks cooked in foil turn out to be much more appealing and desirable. Because of the unmatched conductivity of the tin foil, the temperature is evenly distributed throughout the entire piece of meat. This not only makes the process quicker, but you also get the exact type of steak you want – rare, medium, rare, or fully done.
On top of that, when you are using an oven to cook steak, you barely have to put any effort afterward. You can just set your desired temperature according to your recipe, and the timer will let you know when the steak is prepared. You don’t have to keep an eye on it and flip it from time to time to make sure it’s not burning.
Steps of Cooking Steak in the Oven with Foil
Cooking with foil in the oven is as easy a process as any. It can be easily carried out with just a few ingredients and by following some simple steps. Here I have described the recipe methodically and simplified it for the beginners as well.
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ¼ table spoon dried oregano
- ¼ table spoon thyme
- ¼ table spoon black pepper
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- Salt (according to taste)
- 8 oz piece of meat
Steps to Follow
- Take out the meat from the freezer and thaw it before you start cooking. This will make the meat moist and tender enough to be cooked.
- Pat the meat repeatedly to get rid of the moisture. Keep doing it until it’s mostly dry.
- Rub oil all over the steak to prepare it for seasoning. Olive oil is most recommended for this purpose.
- Now it’s time to season the steak. There are a lot of ingredients required for this step. Cover the steak with salt, dried oregano, black pepper, and thyme. Make sure you use your hands to rub the spices and herbs on the steak. The steak must be sufficiently covered with the seasoning.
- Once the meat is all seasoned up, place it carefully on top of an aluminum foil. Wrap the steak in the foil and seal it as tightly as possible.
- Take the foil-wrapped steak and place it on a baking tray. The oven must be preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before you insert the tray. Now, put the tray inside the oven and wait for it to cook.
The steak can take up to 30 to 40 minutes to cook properly. This usually depends on the type of ingredients you are using.
- Check the temperature from time to time, and don’t take the steak out until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit. This is to make sure the steak is thoroughly cooked both inside and out.
- Once the steak is fully cooked, it’s time to take it out of the oven. Make sure you use mittens when taking out the tray. Don’t unwrap the steak right away. Give it at least 5 minutes to cool off.
- Once the steak is safe to touch, unwrap the aluminum foil and serve it on a plate. You can serve mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables on the side.
By now, it’s safe to say that you know how to cook steak in the oven with foil better than anyone. The best thing about this recipe is that you can get a perfectly cooked steak without any prior cooking experience if you rely on this process. You will also have more time to spare if you are cooking for multiple guests.